There are total 102 questions are answered under SQL Server Installation and Upgrade category in the book “SQL THE ONE”. In this chapter we’ll find questions and answers on SQL Server Licensing, Service Accounts, Network Protocols, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting Scenarios, SQL Server components and capacity specifications. Below are the Top 20 SQL Server Installation and Upgrades Interview Questions:
1. Starting from SQL Server 7 to 2016, from which edition the licensing model has been changed?
2. Your customer sent you a request to suggest a service account for production SQL Server installation. How do you suggest the correct service account for SQL Server?
3. What are the different releases of SQL Server? We usually talk about RTM, RC, SP, CU etc. right, what are the different releases of a SQL Server product and what do you know about them?
4. How to get the port number where the SQL Server instance is listening?
5. What are the log files generated while Installing\Upgrading\Applying (packages) SQL Server on Windows machine?
There are total 46 questions are answered under SQL Server Architecture category in the book “SQL THE ONE”. In this chapter we’ll find interview questions and answers on SQL Server Low & High level architecture, Transaction Log, Query Processing and memory architecture. Apart from we can also find the newly added features in SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016. Below are the Top 10 SQL Server Architecture Interview Questions:
1. How SQL Server Relational Engine works in processing SQL queries?
2. When I say compile and execute a SQL Batch does it means compiler compiles each line of code?
3. What is Instant File Initialization and how it works?
4. Have you ever implemented Instant file Initialization in any environment? If yes did you observe any performance gain?
5. There is a big change happened in SQL Server Log architecture on SQL Server 2014. Do you have any idea on that?
Hello there, finally we are presenting the book “SQL The One”. This is the one place guide for SQL Server Interview preparation. The core intention is to help the maximum number of SQL DBA’s and SQL Developers to get their dream job and settle in one of the finest database platform Microsoft SQL Server.
This book can be helpful for any SQL Server professional who is looking for an interview preparation guide. The book is mainly designed for SQL Server DBA and SME but there are categories which can be helpful for all SQL Server Professionals.
Q. How we collected these questions?
All questions answered in “SQL The One” are asked in interviews conducted at various Multi-National Companies across the world. MNC’s included the top product and service oriented organizations, majority of the interviews are from India, USA, Canada, Singapore and UAE.
Q. What is the best selling point in “SQL The One”?
Performance Tuning, HA & DR and Scenario based questions and answers are the best selling point for this book “SQL The One”.
Q. What are the top 3 points that attracts a typical SQL Server Person?
1. This book has been prepared from the interview prospective;
2. It covers wide range of SQL Server versions starting from 2005 to 2016
3. All interview questions have been categorized.
Q. What is the Salient Features of Book “SQL The One”?
All interview questions are asked in various MNC
More than 1000 real time questions with answers
More than 250 questions on SQL Server Performance Tuning
Covers all SQL Server HA & DR features
Lots of scenario based questions
Covers SQL Server Versions 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016
More than 300 questions on SQL Server HA & DR features
Questions are categorized
An Interview Experience with Microsoft
Useful as a Quick reference guide for SQL DBA & Developer
Q. How to buy this book?
This book will be available on India and international e-Stores. But now the Pre-Sale is on at Amazon.in with the discounted price.
Q. What is the actual release date?
From Dec 17th the title will be listed on all e-Stores. But now the Pre-Sale is enabled on Amazon.in for Indian readers.
Q. What are the available formats?
SQL THE ONE is available in India and international edition in both Print and e-Book format.
Q. Book available at?
Print Format India
Print Book International
As the reader of this book, for us you are the most important critic and commentator. We value your opinion and want to know what we’re doing right, what we could do better and any other words of wisdom you’re willing to pass our way. You can comment or email me directly to let me know your valuable feedback.